Friday, April 12, 2013

Destiny

Destiny is the newest game created by the legendary company behind the Halo series.
Bungie has said goodbye to Halo and has looked on at its destiny with this new and ambitious game series.
The game will feature an open world with an always-on system to allow players to experience the game in real-time. This means that even when you log out the game world continues to grow and evolve without you and when you sign back in you find new players and events.
The game will be available on Xbox 360 and PS3 though at this time I am not sure if it will be available on PC though personally I hope it will.
The game will have a single world for all players on each platform respectively. Meaning that every player on Xbox 360 will be playing together and the same for PS3. However, the platforms will not be able to connect to each other.
The game is currently announced for release in late 2013 and is also claiming to then be available on the next generation consoles as well.

2 comments:

  1. That always on idea is cool, but does it mean that players must always be internet connected? I think you've heard some of the news of issues with that kind of system. For instance SimCity and Diablo III. Open worlds are also exciting as long as the developer can pull it off. I'm not to worried though with such a credible developer as Bungie as long as they can make the mental shift after working so long with Halo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An always on system isn't really new.
      It is the way all MMO games that I can think of are done save for the fact that it is one world instead of multiple worlds so I believe Bungie will have no problem running it.

      Delete